Although some schools and other settings require children to keep their shoes on, we recommend dancing and doing yoga in bare feet as often as possible. The texture of Yoga Dots feels great on the soles of our feet! But, more importantly, hands and feet have nerve endings that are stimulated during active movement.
Several reflexology theories link nerve endings and pressure points in hands and feet with organ functioning in the body. Also, our movements feel more dynamic and integrated when we dance and do yoga in bare feet.
Why Use Yoga Dots?
- Fun and inviting – kid-friendly size, shape, and colors
- Environmentally friendly – no harmful phthaltes
- Safe for all ages and abilities
- Help to organize any space
- Soft and flexible – only 1/4″ thick
- Slip free preventing falls and injuries
- Can be used on hardwood floors
- Durable, machine washable
- Minimal storage needed
- Easy to transport
- A fun way to get kids interested in yoga and movement
- Enable creative play, games, language arts, spatial relationships, math
- Support academic learning in an innovative, integrative way
- Promote creative problem solving
- Help kids to self regulate
- Develop critical thinking
- Increase concentration
- Support a fully functioning body, which stimulates a fully functioning brain!
The Origin of The Yoga Dot
“For years I have laboriously cut up sticky mats into 12 inch circles to use as a safe space for children to practice yoga and dance. Eventually, I began calling these circles Yoga Dots. With Yoga’s increased popularity among adults and more recently with children, I knew I wanted to share these Yoga Dots with parents, teachers, yoga and dance instructors, day care providers and healthcare professionals. Children of all ages and abilities LOVE the colors, texture and variety. They are fun and far less cumbersome than a full size yoga mat. As Alexander Calder once told a group of architects, “Take your building blocks, go into the world and create.” I invite each of you to explore your own games, stories, dances, patterns, and more with Yoga Dots!”
– Rosemary Todd Clough
Now Yoga Dots Are Everywhere
Special Needs Classes
And Of Course At Home!